2014 has been an exciting year. I published my debut novel in December 2013, so 2014 has been the first year I’ve received feedback from strangers on my work – an experience that has been mostly thrilling. It’s hard to describe the profound feeling of pride and joy when reading a positive review of one’s own work – it is no less than exhilarating.
To sum up 2014 short: I’ve written the first draft of the third book in my western series, begun writing the fourth and spent a lot of time editing the second. All the Things a Woman Oughtn’t Do – The Ballad of Zerelda Glanton, the polaroid photo book I’m making with Ingvild Eiring, is coming along nicely. We’ve done several shoots throughout the year, and I’ve written the folk song style ballad that will accompany the photos. A nice bonus at the end of the year was to have a photo featured in Hank 3’s Hellbetty 2015 calendar.
2014 has been filled with a lot of work, but not a whole lot to show for. I am very excited to step into the new year and finally reveal several projects that have been in the making for a long while. Here’s my plan for 2015:
- Publish Embers at Dawn on more e-book platforms via Smashwords
- Publish An Obelus Wheeze, the follow-up to Embers at Dawn
- Do the final shoot for All the Things a Woman Oughtn’t Do and publish it
- Launch new designs in my print-on-demand merchandise stores. There’s also something unique and handmade in the works that I won’t reveal yet.
- Maybe publish the third book in my western series, if time allows it it might be completed in the latter half of the year
- I’m considering putting together an anthology of self-portraits. Self-portraits were “my thing” for several years before I turned my camera toward models and (almost) never looked back.
- And last, but not least: I’m going to the US with Ingvild! No details have been planned yet, but I can assure you there will be pictures to prove our shenanigans.
With all of this ahead of me, I trust that 2015 will indeed be a very happy year. Have a good one y’all!
Happy new year! Exciting times!